Saturday 27 June 2009

I hates ma job

SO I finneshed a manic day at work. It sucked balls royaly. As ive decided to leave uni and not do the 3rd year I have to look towards employmrnt. Honestly I cant see myself doing this job much longer. The hours are terrible. I never really get to see my friends and therse sometimes a rare chance I might get toi see Kylie and I have had to cut back the hours I put in to doing RPGS (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo)
So yeah I am not amused by that as you probaly can tell (Oh god why WHYYYY). Im thinking of just finding a nice job in a little shop bookstore 9-5 ,ost days heck dont mind working saturday as long as im working full time getting paid and not finnishing work at 2 in the morning.

SO yeah once I find a new job I could put working in a kitchen as a another job I never want to repeat.

We had our all day session of Iron Kingdoms Thursday. Well mostly all dya one or two hicups. People had a few thigns to do so we had a recesion inbetween. The Paladin was a pain. Complained about not getting a cut of the loot.

Ok break down herse how it goes. The loot they found was loot they found before they met the paladin. The paladin just appeared out of nowhere essentialy ans then after the fray told them dumas had sent him to find them and make sure they were safe.

So they got back to town sold there loot and the paladin got nout cause the party decided that because he wasnt there he didnt need to know bout it. THe player got annoyed and decided to be a pain for a while. Its the parties choice who gets loot not mine.

He got annoying later talkign about doing many unlawful things like breaking into alexias room etc. I got accussed of blocking the playersi n every time. Sorry but a execuntioners identity is always secret and Idoubt there would be a record of wh ohe was available to the public.
AQlso hey just because I told him that he couldnt break into Alexias room dosent stop the rest of the party.

I caved later and gave them some ideas on what they could do mainly cause they wanted to stake out the witches tomb aghai nwhen you get the idea you know with the emprty coffins and all that that place is pretty much done with.

SO you know I hinted to them that they should probaly follow alexia. So they did 2 avenues 1 group followed alexia (the arcane mexhanik) the other party would sneak into her room (the sorceror).

The paladin jsut went on beign annoying. The fighter wen out gun shopping and is now packing a military pistol and plenty of bullets (amazing what you can buy once yo uhave lots of gold).

So anyway they find out about the catacombs heado n down hav the chat with alexia find soem clues to what ashes doing and then there off. The paladin after a fruitless exploration of the tomb decided they should cut it short and then asked why i didnt pre build all my maps. Simple answer I prefer drawing them as we go along because that way you dont know what to expect round the corner. Also If I was DMing in person they wouldnt have a map id make them draw it. As they say Sapre the rod beat the child. In other words dont always bend to your players dont give the everything they need to make there adventure a walk i nthe park.

So then we took a break as apaprently everyone was bored. To be honest they were not.

I had a chat with the other players and yeah they just needed a hours breather and then we could begin ahgain. They were just annoyed with everything. Especialy the paladins girlfeidn who was sittign in skype listening and commenting on everything as if she was playing it annoyed everyone adn I couldnt boot her as it was the paladins conversation (new rule dm is skype conversation leader). So yeah after a tal kwith the paladin he appolagised promised he wouldnt mess around as much and we got in again. Now I let the girl firend back in under the guise of if she annyoed my players she would be politely asked to leave.

Now she jsut asked questions as we went on about how this works and such jsut gettign an idea of the game (She may one day join in). so thigs were going off without a hitch. Of then gametable started to fail on us. Gametable be the software we use. So we spent the rest of the night looking at new software to use im going with glittercomm I kinda fell in love with it. It does mean I need to pre build my maps as i havent got a map i can drqaw on anymore but it does come with a fog of war option so i can hide things where I want to.

Still not ammused dont think the paladin understands what kind of DM I am the add hoc kin. E.G I got an idea where im going with the story I just make alot of stuff up as I go along.

He also comaploined it wasnt very interactive and you know I didnt try and pull the players in?. Dont know what he meant by that afterall im runnign the witchfire trillgy a pre written campaign and I am addign a few extra thigns in as i go along like Kais sorcerors pursuer also known as the temple of Menoth. Yeah i sent a knight exemplar after them they just survived. I also hit them with a Gorax fun times.

also no one else is honestly findin it boring and are havign a blaast. Ehmust be him.

Im doen ranting work tommorow morning good night

No comments: