Monday, 17 August 2009

Fen Tigers time at Ayacon

Hi there folks fen once again. Believe it or not this time I have taken time to write a blog (hopefully) completely free of spelling mistakes. So what’s this blog all about well here is the thing. This Blog is about ayacon a awesome convention held in the University of Warwick where I currently am typing this blog in one of there many dorms which are nice comfy and have on suite bathrooms. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Now unfortunately I did not realise that I needed a Ethernet cable to get internet access (le epic fail) so the blog which will be posted Monday is being typed up as the weekend goes along.
So if my language sounds in the present tense when technically it should be in the past tense well you get the idea why.
So without further ado let’s get fens Ayacon review over and done with and yes there will be pictures.


Wow day one for me was a VERY early start why because Mr. Fen Tiger and Mr. Organi were taking a road trip to Warwick. SO I was up at 8 last minute packing and checks as one must do (check 100 times you have Id or you’re not getting in the con and damn everything else).
so I wait around for Mr. Organi and the Organi pwnage mobile to turn up this time is spent looking at internet trying to find some CD’s a friend of mine wanted to borrow and snuggling girlfriend who lied in bed beside me. I think I may have walked the dog fed the cats and cleaned up a little but that stuff is just boring.

SO it gets to 11AM and Mr. Organi stops outside gives me a bell and I load up the car with my epic gear of epic win....ness. AND OFF WE FLEW ... most of the time ever been down the A14 and M6 urrrrgh. But still all in all a good time (2 hours is great from Cambridge to Warwick) and we arrived at Organis missus house she was living in off loaded Organis crap and began the 20 minute bus journey to Warwick university. I should probably point out Organis lady lives in Coventry which as I just explained is 20 minutes bus ride from Warwick. So off we went oh boy you see this Friday was hot as1 Lucifer’s damned Holiday resort. I don’t think thee 9 hells is this hot either? So I’m sweltering and getting peeved with how the buses ONLY ONLY TAKE EXACT CHANGE ..... GRAGH!!!.

But yeah by about 3PM we are in the Con finally me and Organi go and Register for our con ID’s and I boo kinto my room which Organi shows me to. We also realised this was the 1st time in real life that Fen Tiger and Organi had joined forces as obviously we don’t use our aliases in the real world. Gotta say by the way all in all I wish I had enrolled at Warwick uni its essentially a campus come mini village because its so far out of the way. Its got a hairdressers, banks, food store. Genius. So on the way to me and Organi trying to find where i was laying down my head for the night we bumped into RYZY & LUNA YAY!!! So quickly promising we would be back as soon as I was changed into my cosplay we would meet up with them.

Now I wasn’t going to cosplay on the 1st day but I changed my mind within like the 1st 3 minutes of getting here. Yeah I so needed to don my Zaft uniform and go strut my stuff. This I kindan ow regret but more on that later.

SO off we go grab Luna to say hellos again then run off to meet Ray in the Su with friends tagging along haha bargain. This is where the fun began because you see Ayacon is a adult convention in other words no young ones. In other words the Su bar was serving grog. YES!!!
I was happy for this as I remember my friend Tygerrfang say to me after the hassle of getting to the con on a Friday that 1st was the best. I can assure it was the best Carling I ever had and I don’t even like Carling that much. So whilst we waited for the Opening Ceremony at 4 I had that Carling and then a Fosters. I would like to point out that till this point all I had had to eat was 2 packs of Mikado in the car, and I was sloshing down a Guiness oh dear. Now I know what asome of you “hardy” fellows might be saying that “Guiness is a meal in itself” Yeah well that meal don’t exactly absorb the Alcohol so after 2 quick pints I had begun my tipsy start to the con and it was time for the opening ceremony.

Opening Ceremony was good not Alot to talk about the guests were introduced the schedule was talked about. Laughs were had by all and lot of girls (and boys) screaming for the Yaoi panel (oh my).
After that we had a choice of what we could do Tea Ceremony or Name that tune. NAME THAT TUEN IT WAS!!!

Now as I do do a lil music playing on Coalition radio and my thing is Japanese music I figured this shouldn’t be too hard. Unfortunately uhhh yeah some of that stuff was before I was freaking well a Otaku. Also it may not have helped that i was now going through like another 3 bottles of Magners (oh noes) but I was now drinking sociably with 3=4 other lads who all had the same idea as me. Get sloshed hope the shame goes away. Team retard as we were known was a mix of Ryzy, Luna, Ray and his pal rob plus 3 guys we jumped on with and of course me. TO my delight I got at least 2 questions right. One being easy simple and clean from kingdom hearts and bubble gum crisis with Priss singing the track. The rest of the time me and the other indulged in some humorous photos and conversation between our new allies. We enjoyed the Pikachu ad Alfonse drinking pics thee most, also little known fact Pikachu pees cider).
In the end after a few dismal rounds and me being completely out of it we came 5th whoot .

Now what followed was some R&R where we met up with the Gundam Mad guys and dragged em up to the Su for mor booze. Well Booze for everyone else I was sobering up and needed a soft drink. So we had food a REALLY spicy prawn noodle soup mmmm. Now this was a spicy meal when I was drinking the soup the chilli was slowly slipping down the rim of the bowl (worrying that). Still fantastic though Then after we were done we realised that we only had 5 MINUTES until Momi Haruko (known as Halko) concert.

All i have to say is FANTASTIC. Now I had nto heard much from halko before but I loved it and now im going to be defiantly listening to more and more of her work after seeing her live. It was one of the most exciting and energetic concerts I had seen and phew was exhausted. It did not help my cosplay essentially is a heavy jacket which I did not need in that small hot venue. So before the party tomorrow I shall change into something a little less cosplay. But all in all by the end I enjoyed it and me Ray and Rob decided to retire for the night and that’s where we leave our story. With me losing my bearings in the dark to my accommodation. And coming in all hot and sweaty and needing to cool down. I am so hot I essentially have had to rip my eyelids apart as sweat has glued them together. Fortunately my cosplay does not smell so I can wear it again tomorrow (i brought 4 t-shirts the same colour), however my cosplay will need more repairs when I am home.

Tomorrow will be another long day as well. I think I’m starting my day with the Lolita cat walk maybe in the dealers’ hall. There is a lot to do over the next 2 days. Actually I could dealers hall THEN the catwalk EXCELENT. Course I got to cut the catwalk short as I have to run off to the anime Dub live where I, Ray, Ryzy and Rob are game to try our hands at dubbing. Then there be time for relaxation in the j-Pop lounge yays. Sunday im lookingforward to the Pheonix Wright Panel and also the Weapon and props building Seminar (might help with a few ideas I have .... AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!).

That is all for the 1st Day its Now 1Am meaning were now into ...


Ok whilst I am writing this lbog i am trying to sober uop. So any spelling errors are being cleaned up about Sunday / Monday. This is because I am pissed out fo my right mind YEEEEAH!!!. I have just come back from the J-pop party where I have made a complete tit of myself. Obviously because the only time I have been this pissed is when I went through lots and lots of mead. The beauty of that i wasn’t drinking from 9 to 12:45 in the morning on mead (oh gosd could you imagine that). At the moment I want to hurl but ill get passed that. Okj I just forcibly hurled mayt have to do more in a minute. Hey this has been a good day this is my blog just about raw and uncut.

So today started at 7:30 where I realised hey im up and the con dosent really start til l10 ... FUCK!!!
So my Saturday started by playing NWN 2 for like a hour (probily a bit more). I met up with ray for breakfast. Then onto waiting for the dealers hall where I was trounced in magic the Gathering.bu Ray twice.

Finnaly AT 10 am WE WERE I NTHE DEALERS HALL I may by the end of the day brought too many gunplay. ...WHOOOT!!! I got a MG shin Musha gundam (most expensive purchase all day), A Bucue hound, Ewac Zack, The operation jabraou set which features the AC Guy, The Gogg and Cahrs Z-gock. To also complete my collection I ended up buying the Zock MS meaning I had alot of aquatic Zeon Moible Suits Im missing atr least 2/3. Ones I can think of as im sobering up are the Hy-Gogg and the alternare Z-Gok. I would also like to thank Gunmdam Nataion (Even though Luna will kill me) for my Free Haro. Gundam Mad Gundam Nation You keep my addiction fed I than kyou both.

SO After we went to the dealers Hall we then spent at least 2 hours in the ANuime Du b live session. This is where I and Ray and Rob spent 2 hours having a bleeping blast. It was awesome. I ray and rob participated nthe If we ruled the world dubbing whichwas on the s;ot stuff which was fun. Then iut moved onto trtying to dub your own anime. I participated in the Yu Yu hakusho dubbing (which by the time I get backed should be linked to the youtube stuff in the side bar). Ray and rob did macros, bleachansd geki Gengar. That was a fun 2 hours. Afger that me and ray grabbed a quiock bite and headed back into the main hall for a Q&A session with Matt Maercer. I was recoring him as he was awesome but my camera died whislt recordinhg and the video was corrupted. Lets put it this way people you missed out there it was a awesome panel.

After that It was me and the guys chilling out oin the dealers hall making purchases. Now here is the beauty. Organ ihad been looking for Wing gundam kits all day and had foiund 0 yes a big fat NOTHING. 2 minuts back in the dealers hall I had found ¾ wing Zero kits. 3 at great prices. I found the 1/100 HG kit of Wing Zero and a awesome basic mini kit of Qing zero as Well which I then called selly and told hoim to get in the dealers room. He got in and after we found not wing Zero but the Endless waltz variant wing zero with silver parts instead of white (yes this crap was limited edition) he was happhy. He then realised he did not have enough mulaah to pay for it all. So DJ Fen bailed him out. YAAAY!!! I got paid and most of that has been spent on booze ( PS if I haven’t altered my Really bad spelling from before by noiw I am sobering up so haey).

Quick note as im writing this its 2:20 I retired at ... 12:45/12:55. After a long day of boozing (more ofthat to follow). Currently everyone is returning from the j-pop/J-rock and everything else parties and is making a lot of noise outside my dorms really annoying as I am sobering up now WHoooo. SO Ok where were we yeah I brought Organi his gunla what he has now FULLY paid me back for. I may go buy the other wing zero if it is still there.
Man people are probal more pissed than me. Anyway.

After al lthe rec and a bit to eat for tea we moved onto the Masquarde. This is how between shooting Video of the dub live session and taking lost of photos I started to erun out of room on my SD card. The masquerade was awesome I got as many Pictures as I could even goung as far as erasing last night pictures went. So Half way through Momoi Haruko comes on stage (What im posting to youtube). Was awesome as she sang and danced for us on the masquerade stage.
We al;s p gpt a [refpr,a

Nce during from the Taiko Drummers I think I signed o nfor that tommroow.. Ther masquerade was amazing any one who was in the masquatrde at this years Ayacon I salute you esspecialy the guys who did gone with the blastwaves you guys were awesome. (I enoyed meeting one of you at the bar thanks or letting me try on your helmet :D.

Adfterv thevmasquarade me and the l;ads headed off to the traditional gsmes room where we found alot of swag what must be won. The guys wenrnt fssed you win anything during the noight you pick a frelling prize. I m now gutted I lost the MTG tornamen. Ny the way I came 3rd in the ubber game I had well done ray who came 2nd. So tomorrow I will be trying to win EVERYTHING MUAHAHAHAHA!!!. But yea next time I so want to run a RPG game. On the Friday evnign maybe .... Sunday pprobaly better. Whilst here I have been a socialite drunkered. SO I left the games room prommissing that I would bring my spare MTG decks with me tomorrow at 10AM WHOO!!! For all to use. And I shall.

Now onto the evening after the magic game. Now I was on the way to the J-pop disco when Kylie my beautiful woman called me and said she had broken her ankle again. Now being with limited (and long ways) to get back to her ad this made me sed :( as I was now alone and vewyvewy worried. To make matters worse the J-Pop disco was empty til lte pub quiz finished. Hey I just made hot chocolate perfectly I think I am sobering up.Ok almost perfectly ferw splashes. Fortunately I met up with Gundam mad and luna and Ryzy and the consoled me. I then went with them to boogy at the J-pop partvewy worried. To make matters worse the J-Pop disco was empty til lte pub quiz finished. Hey I just made hot chocolate perfectly I think I am sobering up.Ok almost perfectly ferw splashes. Fortunately I met up with Gundam mad and luna and Ryzy and the consoled me. I then went with them to boogy at the J-pop part. I also want to popint I was hammered b the end and any pictures you might see of me are pre me swilling down pint after pint. Any embarrising/ awesome pics of me whilst partying plus boozing are non existent. HAHA.

So by the end og the night I have made a complete tit of myself (Sorry Ray ofor kissing you). Sorry to char for bowing and well prasing ypou not sorry to luna for the bendy off ( guess I will have to explain that one hiuh? But yeah good night was had by all. Its now 2:40 and there are raving drunk people outside my room as such we are now into AYACON ...

DAY 3:

2:45 I have sobered off and am off to bed night all.

7:50 I awake with no hangover. I/kylie called each other to see if she was ok. Fortunatly she didn’t break it ... phew. I am heading there on Monday.
Funnily enough I remember all of lastnight. The huge arsed conga line going through the hall, The excessive drinking of Fosters (they had no real ales *sad face*), The lil contest between me and Luna which began with who can do a bendy backy neo arch the best. Then Luna decided to do another position aka lay down and lift ones self up with hands and legs. Now little do people know but for a big man as I am (all 20 stones(ish)) I am quite supple. It was fun on the bun.
I gotta say if any are reading this blog fro mthe games room I hope you enjoyed the decks I am dropping off in a couple of minutes.
Now I need to start packing up my gear so I am ready for Monday morn (I have to be out at 9:30 eep).
Last day of cosplay. I am missing the Pheonix Wright Panel to go see the guys at the games room but then I gotta jump over to my panels I want to see Including Taiko drumming workshop and the armour and props building workshop.

So Now I begin day 3 by going to get FOOOOOOOOD!!! Once I get some trousers on ...

So today has been pretty good. After looking at my cash flow for the day Storm clouds hung over my head. Thank Morrow that i had taken money out for buses and train tomorrow. I did not take much photos today as I was bouncing between everything. But lets start back where I left off.

Now I have never EVER had a hangover in my pathetic 22 years on this mortal plain so I didn’t realise why i was feeling sooooo cruddy this morning was cause I had got to bed at 3 still pissed and woken up at 7 with my body still recovering. So the Apple juice I had been drinking all morning was not helping me at all GAHHH too rich. The breakfast idea was stupid. I ATE a tuna and cheese melt Panini the grease didn’t help much urrgh. So with my bottle of water (plan) I headed to the traditional games room to drop off the decks I promised to loan them and I waited for them to open. Which sure enough they did promptly at 10. We even had a queue at the door ... can 3 people be called a queue? So yeah I vgot in dropped off decks and spent my morning playing Zombies WHOO.

Next after watching Ray and another awesome dude play the CLASSIC BATTLETECH (WHOOOO!!!) and deciding there were waaaay too many charts for my liking I decided to thead to the dealers room where I met up with Ryzy and Luna. We then spent the rest of the day having fun getting photos and going to the Tayko drummers workshop where I got to have a go. Now I thought I sucked balls but obviously I inherited my Families musical talent somewhere because after the session I was talking to the 2 loverly lasses who helped run the workshop and they told me I had done quite well.
So there you go pops I now “play” a instrument you don’t. Now its Monday I am briefly rubbing it in his face at home before I have to fly to Kylies.

After the drumming session I had a quick break with Luna Ryzy and the awesome Gundam mad boys who we got a ikle harro for them. Once Iwas rested I soloed the props and armour building workshop. I got soem good ideas and really want to build nemos Warcaster outfit. At least 2 guys I talked to (one at the stream punk stall) wished me luck and prayed to see the final version.
But 1st something a little less adventurous. I am going to build Samurai Artefact Armour from Final Fantasy 11. This however will be minus a helm as I HATE the Helm. Might beg kylie to do a white mage.

But after all that I soloed din dins then I got changed into my civies for the evnign and headed to Sunday nigh live session. I have a 10 freaking minute video of the tayko drummers. I also wondered why I had 6 minutes of the Team rocket Skit. I had the stand up act recorded on the same footage balls. If that stand up wasn’t on the same track I could have scrubbed it and had room for the FMA magic show what was fantastic. However I did get a great song recorded I am sure we will all have a good old laugh at.

After that was the closing ceremony and the auction. I gotta say that giant plushy Pikachu was way out of my price tag being sold at over 100 quid. Team rocket finally got there Pikachu after a hard fought bidding war.

After that party party till midnight and now I’m sitting here typing and getting my bag soughed.

So folks this looks like the end of the Ayacon blog. As I finnish typing this comes to 6 pages and 3811 “words”, wow I think we may have hit uber post status I hope you enjoyed reading this post. After this week I promise more RPG goodies and you never know I may have a new player at my table. Stay tuned.

This is Fen Tiger from his weekend at Ayacon saying Goodnight tinternet.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

esspecialy the guys who did gone with the blastwaves you guys were awesome. (I enoyed meeting one of you at the bar thanks or letting me try on your helmet :D

My pleasure, bro. :)