Wednesday 1 July 2009

Urrgh Why do people over react

You know I was having a really REALLY good day today. ALmost finished the paint job on my Sprigan and I finished a pretty damn good paint job on Father Dumas (well considering my standards it was an amazing job).

But none the less Mr X has had a few games with us now in the World of the Iron Kingdoms and miss Y has sat in on a session. Now I do have a thing about people sitting in on a gaming session. Im ok with there 1st time but after that they want to come back they gotta play. You see I learnt along time ago that Roleplaying games are a participation sport as it where. To watch a few people play them around a table is dull and you dont learn alot. However if you join in make a character etc you will find it more enjoyable and will have more fun. Even if your nervous or not to sure on what to do the folks at your table will help thee.

So yeah come to my table watch once but then you wanna come again you come to play.

Honestly I dont think I need to explain these reasonings to people but if they want me to sure why not but at the end of the day im the guy running the game. I am theo ne who invites you to play dont like it go play your MMO RPGs or whatver not my problem.

So I sent a messae to Mr X today sayign that this weeks session Players only. This evning Miss Y gave me a Earful saying that I was imature a coward etc. Now Instant Messages are hard to convey emotion over but from what I got the gist of she was demanding that I let her sit in on the session. Here is a reson why.

When Miss Y gets home she is on Skype where she will spend every evning on skype with Mr X cause Mr X is always in a game on his compy ok fine but here is the thing as far as I can gather he cant be spared from skype to come into our call to particiapte in the game, jsut for the night you know from 5/6pm to 11 pm. So yeah I get told that if she cant talk to him on skype Mr x going to play either.

Whelp you know what fine because I got a few thigns to say about that. As my previous rant (i love rant) talks about in the extra logn session that we had a break in she had been listening in she had asked question. Thats fine bad side she was commenting on thignsh appenign in the game and shes not playing. Woah time how can you comment onm whats happening if your not playing. Telling other players whatfore etc no should have booted you fro mthe convo right there but wasnt party leader of the convo so couldnt. Also herse a news flash I had a chat with my OTHER players you know the other 3 asked em about Miss Y they were kidna annoyed of her being there one not knowing her just wanted to stay ou of it. So yeah even without my rule on spectators why would i let you back in.

Ok so i didnt tel lher about the otherscause I did not want my players to get her fiery wrath. I protect my players like my pwn kin. also she was blowing the whole thing out of proportion. Yeah your not invited to siti n on the game so big whoop.

So yeah im been given the guilt trip by the way dosent washall the talk about me being immature and acting as if i was in a school ground by not inviting her. There was talk about me being stuborn and a douche. Stuborn yes Douche no not really. I think i fell asleep half way through the conversation.

And herse the one what got me rhild I got accused me of and I quote
"Why dont you be more considerate of couples in the game"

PAUSE!!!

Ok 1. She has not I repeat although being invited has NOT participated in the game yet specatting is not participating as i said this is not a spectator sport.
2. any one who read this blog can testify that I have a girlfriend who funnily enough I game with. My beloved Kylie has been doing pen and paper rpgs for about half a year now.

I persuaded her helped her create a character. I then brought her alogn to a D&D session at unui where she sat in on the game had fun and everyone was helpful enough to help her out including Sam the awesome Paladin man.

Yeah my girlfriend is a true hardcore gamer so dont tell me I should be more considerate of couples in the game last I checked I am.

So yeah Mr X then called me imature said he wouldnt be able to ppaly after that time. To be honest I like Mr X hes a good lad and a good friend. But im not going o try and stand between a couple and force him so hey he can do what he wants. But if hes goign to cut and ru nhalf way through the night hes not gonan bee i nthe group friday.

So yeah he did try to persuade me to use the chatlog in glitter comm to allow him to communicate with the party. How he wont be on skype to heart us and im not making anyone swtich over to another communicatio ntype half way through. Second with dice rolls that chat log wil lget full.
Third I am not always lookign at the screen ive got the Ik SRD up any extra stuf on my pc like notes im also lookign through the books for info I need. I cant keep lookign at the chat box half the time to see what people are saying thats what makes voice chat better.

Another reason I prefer voice chat easier to convey emotions and you know more instantanious than text (better to interupt the big bad guy as hes giving the 20 minute speech). So yeah im not budging on this.

So as the paladin departs into the mist on a good note a new characer emerges after him our clint eastwood esc gunmage yeah Welcome Sam. Next fun thing im gonan try adn dj and dm this will be insance but oddly fun :D

Right thansk for listening to me rant as always mr Fen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hiya Mr Fen its Mr Shamus your faithful paladin lucky I got told of this blog of yours or I wouldn't be saying this. The whole chat we had must have got out of proportions I understand your point of view and at the same time I want time with Ms Y so lets just say if we can sort out when you are doing the Session let me know asap and I will be able to sort it out I don't want to miss the opportunity to be included in the sessions, I hope you remember what the first one was like years ago that I joined in with that was fun and you are not getting rid of this Paladin so easily. Talk to you soon and I will be there to help SMITE EVIL!!!